[pct-l] ] Thru numbers

Fritz7ntd at aol.com Fritz7ntd at aol.com
Tue May 28 16:08:22 CDT 2013

The sign in sheets we leave at our cooler with fruit and water (near
Silverwood) are also not an accurate measure, but how often we have to restock
the cooler is.  Ethel and I have been refilling the cooler almost daily for
nearly 3 weeks now, and we can't recall any year when we have seen so many
hikers come through.

As for the comment about commercial enterprise replacing traditional trail
angels, we will do this as long as we can, but if numbers were to say
double  again, we would simply not be able to keep the cooler stocked on our
budget.  On the other hand, whereas there used to be just one cache, there  are
now 3, so just as thru hikers have increased, so have the number of
angels.  It may just all balance out in the end.

Fritz and Ethel, Team Turtle

In a message dated 5/28/2013 1:29:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,