[pct-l] No Question About It

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 13:47:45 CDT 2013

Yes Lindsey, imagine what might happen if you are not walking, but mounted on a horse, when a fast-moving Mountain Biker suddenly flies around that corner. That happened to me on the PCT when an illegal MBer suddenly came around a downhill corner behind us. I didn't hear him coming. Primo spooked forward - fortunately, he had room to go forward and stay on the trail. The MB veered and went off the trail. He tumbled through rocks and brush and was pretty bruised and scratched up but no broken bones. I think his bike was also damaged. We were both lucky. It is very dangerous to be either hiking or riding a horse on narrow trails when there are MB's. We must keep them off the PCT - as the law requires. Try to take pictures and report all encounters.

MendoRider-Hiker