[pct-l] Best lightweight snacks?

JPL jplynch at crosslink.net
Fri May 24 10:59:49 CDT 2013

I've found that I was consistently bringing back home a *lot* of food.  I
finally realized that I was just carrying far too much.  The much discussed
"hiker hunger" doesn't kick in until two to eight weeks into a long hike
(according to thru-hikers on the AT).  I actually lose appetite on my
typical short hikes (week or less).  I keep my food weight now to a pound a
day.  That really helps keep the pack weight under control. ymmv.
:)