[pct-l] Siberian Husky

Fritz Ward fritz7ntd at aol.com
Mon May 20 18:59:14 CDT 2013

Actually, Devil's Postpile is one of the few national park service locales in California where dogs are welcome.  I hiked there with my little boy last summer and the park service even provides doggie bags to pick up with:  please use them.

I've just joined this list, and am reticent to leap into a heated debate, especially since I section hike, usually for only 50 miles or less.  But that said, I would never take my dog out for more than a week.  And I would always leave an exit option to make the trip shorter.  I love hiking with Bambi, but when hiking with a dog, as others have noted, the dog has to come first and if that means exiting a trail early, then so be it.  I think a series of alternating short and long day hikes is the best option for a summer with your pet.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  Fritz (Lonely Turtle).

Devil's Postpile (a National Monument - dogs not welcome).