[pct-l] Lassen park

Christina Barba ckwrkornge at aol.com
Sat May 18 14:44:57 CDT 2013

hiya:

Lassen park is at about 80% of snow pack and when I climbed lassen peak three weeks ago the snowline was about 6500'.  Since then it's been warm here, but the area around drakesbad is a cold air sink.

What I would be concerned about is closures due to last year's reading fire, which burned about 2/3 of the park (possibly good for mushroom hunting due to recent rains, but a lot of nuked out areas that would not be good for camping).  Some areas are still closed due to the fire, especially in the northwest section of the park.

Cheers,
Ep

Sent from my iPhone