[pct-l] Senior Hiker in Goat Rocks

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Fri May 17 21:05:16 CDT 2013

I've section hiked thru the Goat Rocks twice, and only did your mileage
rate. What is your intended section? I never had trouble finding a nice
campsite or water in your mileage range. However, I found weather to be a
bigger obstacle along the razor back ridge after Old Snowy.
http://www.pbase.com/losthiker/goatrocks
~~
I am a senior hiker that at the best can cover only 10-12 miles a day. Have
for a long time wanted to hike the goat rock section of the PCT in
Washington state. My hiking companion is concerned about available water on
the trail if we can only cover 10-12 miles per day. We would be starting at
Walupt lake. Is this doable for us?