[pct-l] Rain Gear suggestions

tmjgame at comcast.net tmjgame at comcast.net
Thu May 16 12:34:49 CDT 2013

Looking to upgrade the quality and lighten the weight of my rain gear.   In typical hiker trash fashion, I currently have a decades old gortex hooded jacket(patched with duct tape)  and a lightwt pair of golf pants for my rain gear.

I section hiked Central oregon last year and did not need the raingear or my rainfly.  However, I do believe in carrying raingear as storms can occur at any time. ANY suggestions on light, quality raingear is appreciated.  Inexpensive (not cheap) gear is , of course, preferred.  What is the best VALUE going for rain gear?

thanks-

walk on!

TJ