[pct-l] Mountain Bike Posts

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Tue May 14 23:43:53 CDT 2013

On May 14, 2013 9:21 PM, <chiefcowboy at verizon.net> wrote:

> I  would rather exercise my right as a citizen to perform a Citizen's
> Arrest, and deliver them and their offending bike to the nearest law
> enforcement official.

If the offense committed was not an infraction, that is a possible course
of action. Since it seems clear that riding a bicycle on a closed trail is
not a misdemeanor or a felony, a person has no right of arrest in that
situation. Doing so could cause the arrester to become an arrestee, and
possibly even a defendant.

Act wisely, it could be an expensive action.

Dan Jacobs
Washougal