[pct-l] C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S / And the Mountain Bike problem

Ken Murray kmurray at dr.com
Tue May 14 01:14:39 CDT 2013

I believe this discussion belongs off list. There are appropriate venues for the discussion of bicycles on the PCT, and it had been shown over and over that this isn't one of them. Dan Jacobs Washougal===================================="all that is neccessary for evil to triumph is for good people to remain silent"What I actually saw within the last year was this list organizing people to stop a movement to have the forest service change the PCT to allow bikes.If a PCT forum is not the place to discuss bikes on the PCT, then where?Beside, why is bicycle discussion futile, and fire discussion, not?for me, the discussions have raised my awareness, and really motivate me to document bike damage that I encounter. I think many people have had their awareness raised.We also have had the final Federal rule decision made: No Bikes on the PCT.There is no controversy now.