[pct-l] C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Sun May 12 10:41:04 CDT 2013

 Diane,
Right on.

Notice that many of the folks speaking out about campfires are from Southern California. It gets depressing watching the burned out areas increase year after year. Most thrus are never going to come back, others use the PCT for getting to other places, not as an end in itself.

I try to break up every illegal ring that I come across. It's hard to get all huffy about mountain bikes and dirt bikes on the trail when parts of the hiking community itself is a bigger problem.

Gary