[pct-l] Daily Calories

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat May 4 15:19:32 CDT 2013

Good afternoon, Drake,

I like any kind of nut butter, chocolate, and  mayonnaise to augment my
meals, hot or cold.  I buy the mayo in the little 0.43-ounce single serve
packets which have 86 total Calories, of which 84 Calories is fat.
http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/mayonnaise-regular?portionid=26347

The sealed packets keep without refrigeration.  Sometimes with crackers or
chips I just tear open a corner of the packet and squirt it into my mouth
with a bite.

I had a few packets of Heinz mayo that someone had given to me, and near
the top of the climb to Forester Pass I stopped for a snack and I found the
Heinz packets were as fat as they could be without breaking the plastic.  They
looked like short sausages.  Apparently they had a bit more air inside
which expanded at high altitude.

Beyond those items I add bottled oil if I’m cooking, and I eat any kind of
high-Calorie junk food.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09/