[pct-l] Fwd: Boots

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Fri May 3 19:15:11 CDT 2013

Forwarding this.

Dan
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "mark utzman" <blackbelthiker at gmail.com>
Date: May 3, 2013 4:46 PM
Subject: Boots
To: <youroldpaldan at gmail.com>

Hello Dan, I am a huge fan of Keen. My current favorite hiking footwear is
the Keen Targhee ll mids in a size larger than I normally wear. Awesome
boot. I ordered the Oregon PCT boot and it was the most well made, best
looking hiking boot I have ever seen. But.....I didn't like the way it fit.
For me, It wasn't comfortable. And probably overkill. 40-45 pounds total
pack weight isn't bad, I would try and lighten the load a little, maybe try
and get down to 35 or 30 pounds. Go with a lightweight boot or trail shoe.
I also wear Merrell Moab Ventilators in the wide size. Awesome trail shoe.
Hope this helps