[pct-l] Ride to/from JMT in June

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Thu May 2 05:22:48 CDT 2013

Hello hiker buddies,
	I'm coming over to the states in June to hike the last bit of the JMT with my dad (a.k.a. Walks With Son) which he's been doing in small sections each time his work send him to California. We're planning to head from Oakland to Tom's Place (on 395) on Saturday June 15th and then up to Mosquito Flat to get in over Mono Pass and join the PCT where we left off 2 years ago near VVR. I know there is public transport from SF to Yosemite and as far around as Mammoth and we can hitch down 395 but I thought it would be a good idea to cast about to see if anyone here happens to be driving that way, maybe as support crew for a thru-hiker or to get out in the woods yourself. Going to up VVR would be good too. I think I heard they charge a lot of money to come pick you up from the nearest town before the mountains.

	And while I'm writing, has anyone taken this side trail? Mosquito Flat to Mono Creek. I've looks up some photos and it seems really pretty, I'd just like to know if there is anything I particularly need to know like steep sections or dangerous fords. I only know the sierras from the PCT.

Cheers,
	Craig/SunWalker/Heaps PCT Class of '07