[pct-l] Desert hiking techniques

Junaid Dawud jdawud at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:16:46 CDT 2013

I would add to this list:

1. Be sure to replace your electrolytes. You sweat em out and burn em up, replace them with salty snacks and Gatorade/emergenC/electrolyte tabs. Electrolyte loss is no joke.

2. Take off shoes and socks and elevate your feet at every break. Change socks once at lunch.

3. Part of not getting overheated is cooling down....sounds simple, but really ANYTHING you can do to cool off, even for a couple of minutes, is worth it. Stop under that bush and wipe your face and neck off with a bandana, take off your hat and let your head breath for a minute.

---Speshul 41