[pct-l] Training PCT

surferskir at aol.com surferskir at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 23:57:48 CDT 2013

That's not all.
Walk, hike at ALTITUDE.!
When you leave Campo (2,500 feet elevation) you will be climbing all the way to ~6,000 ft elevation at Mt Laguna.
Get used to the thinner air, because from walker pass norht you will just about always be hiking at altitudes form 8,000 to 12,000.  (Just a about note Forester Pass).
Although it is now a little late, you should do all your parctice hiking at altitude and get aclimated.
You might be able to do 20 miles a day between 2,000 and 4,000 feet, but wait until you get ot higher altitudes and steeper terrain, and your daily mileage will certainly drop.

--Dennis--