[pct-l] Headlamp recommendations

tsparks56 at aol.com tsparks56 at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 12:16:27 CDT 2013

Carl,
What I have found that works best for me is to use a headlamp with a good low output spotlight that allows me to see 15-20 in front of me to get an idea of what is coming on the trail, and to also use a wide angle light that I wear basically as a belt buckle to help me with foot placement on the trail.  There are many "spotlight" type headlamps to choose from and a few wide angle light weight lamps also. If you want a recommendation, I use the Petzl Tikka xp2 for my wide angle light, mostly because  I can switch it between spotlight mode and wide angle mode just by sliding a diffuser lens up or down in less than a second.  Another nice feature for this lamp is that you can buy a universal mount to attach it to a helmet, the strap of a backpack, a vest, a belt, etc.

Terry