[pct-l] ? Recommendations & Information

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 17:31:45 CDT 2013

Some of us slightly older hikers also pack for comfort.  I probably carry
at least a pound more than I actually need to carry just cause for me it is
worth the weight.  Basically I sometimes carry more of a sleeping pad than
many, a warmer bag than some, and sometimes an extra piece of warm
clothing.  I could easily get by without these things but I just consider
them worth the weight for me.  HYOH, carry what you want etc.  Of couse,
the lighter the pack the easier it is on your body, and that makes a big
difference after 1000 trail miles, let alone 2700ish.

Day-Late (who hasn't weighed his gear in a long time but would guess it is
somewhere under 12 pounds)