[pct-l] Water for first 20 miles

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 19:16:24 CDT 2013

I just came from that section and never carried more than 4 liters. And
I've found that in warm weather, that ratio gets a lot closer to 3
mi./liter. Occasionally carrying 4 or 5 liters is a realistic expectation
on parts of the PCT.

I started at the border with 1 liter, which got me to the creek at mi. 4.4.
There, I got 4 which *just* lasted until Morena. I also carried 4 the next
day going from Boulder Oaks CG to the ford at Long Canyon. In neither case
did it make my packweight feel unpleasantly heavy.

Judson/bunnyslayer