[pct-l] Tp again!

Ellen Shopes igellenig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:34:22 CDT 2013

Seems like this issue pops up every couple of years.
someone actually did a back yard experiment to see how long it took TP to disappear.  In a moist environment, it actually happens fairly quickly.  Hence the rule about burying TP in the cathole.
My issue with this is two-fold.  First, many a cat hole is not the requisite depth.  Whether because the terrain has too many rocks and roots, or the person doesn't have a good digging implement, the feces/TP ends up near the surface.  Second, in a dry environment, TP doesn't break down very quickly.  I have spent many a day at the Grand Canyon when I was rangering picking up TP trash.  Really, people, TP doesn't weigh that much.  Pack it out.
No Butt

Sent from my iPad