[pct-l] Wood stove on PCT

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 26 08:28:11 CDT 2013

----------------------------

>I am planning on possibly thru-riding the Colorado trail this summer. Have you hiked it?  My biggest concern is the MB's. Fortunately they are not allowed in the six wilderness areas through which the CT passes. I have come up with some strategies to deal with the problem in the few Sections where they have been a problem. I am now doing a lot of research, and will make my final decision soon.

People in Colorado generally don't consider MTB to be a "problem".  Just another outdoors person we share the trails with rather successfully. :)   If you should ride the Colorado Trail, keep that fact in mind
as you use the 20+ mile stretch before the Platte River. It is adopted and maintained by a MTB group ;)

More CO Trail info:
http://www.pmags.com/colorado-trail-end-to-end-guide-2