[pct-l] Reasonable mileage expectation?

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:24:20 CDT 2013

I don't know if it was because I was finally getting my trail legs, or
because I had significantly dropped my pack weight, but I finally started
getting decent miles around there.  I went from doing about 10 miles a day
before Fuller Ridge to doing about 20 a day.  The day I reached Big Bear, I
did 23.5 miles and I took forever getting a hitch, but still got to the
hostel while the sun was up.

Oh wait, I didn't drop pack weight because my favorite trail angel and dear
friend brought my resupply food bag at I-10, and I screwed up.  Instead of
counting out the bags, I took it all.  At Whitewater Preserve I emptied my
pack to figure out why it was so heavy.  I had eleven days of food.  I gave
away some food, but I still had a lot.