[pct-l] Dehydrating veggies

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Mar 25 20:16:04 CDT 2013

I dried fresh black (or dinosaur) kale. I dried it a little less than
100% dry and it maintained a slight amount of resiliance toward being
crumbled. I also cut it in rather large pieces, expecting it to
crumble. I don't mind the greens crumbling. All I want to do at the
end of the day is shovel it in, not fuss with big giant pieces of stuff.

Other greens I've done include beet greens. It's a good way to use
what sometimes gets tossed out. Warning: red beets and beet greens
will make your food red and also your poo.