[pct-l] Fuel canisters

surferskir at aol.com surferskir at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 14:42:03 CDT 2013

I recently got rid of my Camping GAZ Bluet 470 backpacking stove.  It took off like an Apollo rocket, but it was heavier than my new "flyweight" stove @3.7 oz.
But I did like the big 16 oz. (454 gm ) iso-propane fuel canisters that were available from Camping GAZ.

My question now is:
Who makes 16 oz (454gm) iso-propane fuel canisters for the threaded stoves?
I can find the 8 oz canisters, but buying two of these in order to get 16 oz means carrying around a lot of extra steel.  Plus when one is empty and I am still out on the trail I am lugging around an empty steel canister of no use, while I am using the second to cook with.  (I sometimes stay out 10 days or more at a time, that is why I am looking for one big canister).  One 16 oz (454gm) canister is less dead weight steel than two 8oz (~227 gm) steel canisters.

Where can one buy or order 16 oz iso-propane fuel canisters for threaded stoves?

--Dennis--