[pct-l] Arch pain

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 14:08:20 CDT 2013

I had problems before, but that's because my feet were out of shape and I
put too many miles on my feet instead of slowly building them up.

I suppose you're hiking this year?  That doesn't give you enough time to
strengthen your feet.  If it's just your plantar fascia being tight, that's
not so bad.  If it's hurting in its insertion points in your heel or the
ball of your foot, then that's bad.

If it's just soreness and tightness in the length of the plantar fascia,
you'll get some relief by massaging it under the arch of your foot and
pulling up on your toes.  That's not enough though.  It's connected to a
whole range of muscles all the way to your butt, so stretching your glutes,
hamstrings and calves can provide relief that lasts longer than just
stretching and massaging your plantar fascia.  You can also wear a
strassburg sock, but my concern about those is that is stretches the
plantar fascia a lot while leaving the other posterior muscles unstretched.
 A big dose of ibuprofen or fish oil at the end of the day will help reduce
the pain.