[pct-l] Leaving pets

Kristin Hamann aggie03.kh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 12:15:23 CDT 2013

That reminds me.  Rattlesnake bites can be BAD.  You may not realize your
dog was bit, just seems painful or crying.  If you suspect your dog was bit
GET OFF THE TRAIL IMMEDIATELY and take him/her to the nearest ER vet
clinic.  He/she may need anti-venom and/or blood transfusion, or for a "dry
bite" will still need pain meds and possibly antibiotics.  If it is
bleeding profusely try to cover the wound with clean bandage material,
otherwise do NOT attempt first aid such as a snake bite kit.
Oh, and if you get bit yourself I suppose you could go to the ER :-D

Dr. k