[pct-l] Leaving pets

Marr, Eli B marre at xavier.edu
Thu Mar 21 11:09:30 CDT 2013

I left my two dogs behind last year when I cycled Europe and will never do it again. Both my pups are doing the PCT with me this year (they are service dogs and therefore are allowed in national parks)! We have been training and after a 20 mile hike with their backpacks on, they still want to play for hours. Taking your pet with you can be a controversial topic but with the right preparation and care it can be a great experience! I've read journals of people who have taken their cats on the AT. Taking 6 cats may be another story though! haha