[pct-l] ursacks and critters

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 05:20:18 CDT 2013

The cat was about 10 yards away on top of a boulder.  The cat only seemed
to be interested in my food.

Sleeping with your food isn't always enough to protect it.  If a rodent
smells it, it may not give up.  I started using an Ursack because I spent
one long night shooing away a mouse from my food bag that was literally
touching my head.  The mouse still got into my food.  An odor proof bag
probably would have prevented that, especially since my food-free backpack
a few feet away was unmolested by the mouse.

There are plenty of cougar encounters and sightings, but I haven't heard of
a single attack.  That cougar slobbering up the bottom of my Ursack is the
worst I've heard of.