[pct-l] Smoking on the Trail

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 12:52:41 CDT 2013

I discovered another place where you may be putting others at risk if you supply your MJ through your supply boxes.  I'm not sure what the USPS' policy is on shipping illegal substances and whether they screen for that somehow.  But the kind business that fill the gaps between the dots of USPS along the trail would be put at risk for housing illegal substances.

This occurred to me after remembering a comment from one of the resupply addresses I was confirming by phone, a generous business who has offered to receive, store, and dispense with our 300+ resupply packages, not a trivial commitment!  They said that if a package appears to have drugs in it, they would not accept it from the carrier.  I don't know how they might be able to tell, but one incident would
 be all it took for that generous business to stop their resupply service to us, making our resupply more complex, and likely would make other businesses take pause.

I'm not sure of the extent of the legal risk that a business takes when accepting hiker packages, but they are involved to some extent if you resupply your MJ through your sent boxes.

Please don't impose your smoke or your legal risk on others.  Thank you,

-Rhiannon

___

Message: 13