[pct-l] Stoned on the PCT

Matthew Edwards iceaxehikes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 16:55:09 CDT 2013

A total non-issue.
If you partake, you will be among friends.
If you abstain, it will not be "in your face".
Personally I could take it or leave it.
That is also the way it happened out on the actual PCT.
The PCT ain't the AT. You can have as much space as you require and then
some.
As always we are free to hike on if the company doesn't "fit" our scene.
You will be under no pressure either way.
Like someone else stated, cigarettes are far more an annoyance and even
those circumstances are rare on trail.

Funny story;
When I hiked the PCT there was a fellow allegedly selling pot along the way
to fund his hike.
Very soon he ran out of customers so he flip flopped in order to pass a
"fresh" crowd.

You have to see the humor in that!

Cheers