[pct-l] "Born to Run" hypothesis

Tom Holz tom.holz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 11:35:15 CDT 2013

Absolutely running and walking are different, and I took an unusual approach.  After the hike I discovered my walking gait had been and was still highly dysfunctional, so by switching to a new running gait, I was basically sidestepping the core problem.

Since my thruhike, I have been correcting the core problems behind my walking dysfunction so it, like my running gait, doesn't hurt me in the future.

You can imagine how silly it looks to move at walking speeds with a running gait, but I was already wearing a skirt and a tuxedo shirt, so silliness wasn't a concern :-)