[pct-l] Smoking on the trail

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Mar 13 19:57:42 CDT 2013

I submit that "sad medical conditions" exist which in no way impair a
person's ability to perform certain functions or partake in certain
activities, such as hiking.

The doctors will tell you what you can do, can't do, and shouldn't (but
probably will anyway) do. It's your body and your life; use each as you see
fit. Your consequences, like your mileage, may vary as a result of your own
actions. At least you'll know who to blame if it all goes south.

Blind people have completed the A.T.  I'm certain others on this list can
recall similar events. IIRC, a handicapped person recently summited Mt
Everest.

Wandering Bob