[pct-l] Smoking on the trail

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 14:20:07 CDT 2013

This chain of emails makes me chuckle.  My wife and I were doing a section
hike in the central Oregon area and on the trip we ran into several other
hikers.  Most of them very pleasant and informed.  We did run into one
individual who must have been on something.  He was walking along the trail
talking to himself about wondering where is was.  He had this kind of dazed
look on his face.  We stopped and talked with him for a while to make sure
he was OK.  We got out our maps and showed him where he was; he thanked us
and proceeded down the trail.  We had all these flash backs of the 60's and
70's. and you have to remember that central Oregon PCT isn't too far away
from Eugene (University of Oregon) which is the weed capital of Oregon.  We
thought it was pretty funny.

Dennis