[pct-l] FOOOOD!

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 09:39:23 CDT 2013

Good info Day Late!   Yes. Get Yogi's book!

The first book is NO dehydrator required, keeping in mind that I live in Seattle and I have access to some pretty cool ingredients.  Here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/One-Wonders-Backcountry-Cooking-Finest/dp/0615246761/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363098763&sr=8-1&keywords=one+pan+wonders

The second book is more of the same, but with some dehydrator and/or online ordering included (instant pastas, quinoa, lentils etc).  There are more lunch ideas (wraps! I love wraps) and smoothie recipes in the 2nd book as well.

One thing about any of my recipes... for thru hikers, you might want to double or triple the amounts.  When I made food for Stumbling Norwegian (6' tall skinny man) I tripled the amounts and it was about right for him.

Another trick (thank you Jester!) is that Nido may be hard to find on the trail, but baby formula is not. It can be used as a replacement for powdered milk. And it has the added bonus of extra calories and nutrients.

My website (the one you guys can see) is a mess right now because I'm building a new one.  I'm always happy to post ideas and recipes here though... I've got a few crock pot to dehydrator meals that rock my world pretty hard.

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra