[pct-l] US bank account for overseas PCTers

patrick griffith patrickjgriffith at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 12 05:10:04 CDT 2013

Hi All,
Does anyone know how easy it is to open a bank account in the US? I have heard that in Australia for example it is 'relatively' easy to open a bank account if you have the equivalent to a US B2 tourist visa. I have the B2 tourist visa and don't know whether I'd be eligible or not to open one in San Diego when I arrive. It'd be great to have a US bank account for the duration of the PCT and therefore avoid the charges every time I use a bank card or withdraw cash from an ATM. Does anyone have experience with this? Or is in the same position as me?
Cheers
Patrick