[pct-l] Vegan Thru Hike?

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 15:40:24 CDT 2013

But but... I'm not a vegan! (or even a vegetarian, though I was in a former life).

I'll say this (shameless plug!!!).  50% or more of all of my recipes, be it in my books or on the website, are vegetarian.  Easy enough to convert a lot of them to vegan.  Swap out the milk powders for soy or rice milk powders for example. Or use beans or other protein source for the meats.

Where do you live? I ask that (being a Seattle resident) because where I live it is EASY to find alternative food sources. We have co-ops and hippy grocery stores that cater to "alternative" lifestyles. Trail towns? Not so much, with some exceptions, of course (Ashland!)

Also, how much work do you want to do before your trip? Do you have a dehydrator?  Do you have someone at home that will make and ship food for you?

Always happy to talk food!!

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra