[pct-l] cold soaking food containers

dicentra dicentragirl at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 11 10:52:14 CDT 2013

I've tested a lot of my "hot" recipes with cold water. It works and tastes just fine.  Just (about) double the time that it will take for rehydration.

If you are vacuume sealing, place a small piece of paper towel between the food and the bag. This will help prevent the puncturing that occurs with rice etc.  Just use the paper towel to clean your bowl and then fire starter. :)

~Dicentra

http://www.onepanwonders.com ~ Backcountry Cooking at its Finest
http://www.freewebs.com/dicentra