[pct-l] impact of a thru-hike

River Malcolm river at orcasonline.com
Mon Mar 11 01:01:41 CDT 2013

Thanks, Bigfoot! I only plan section chunks, not a thru-hike, but for a rank beginner at 65, just getting gear
and planning my hike has been an incredible experience of embracing uncertainty. What I love is having
a dream that matters so much to me I am willing to face frustration and failure for its sake. So often in life
I have turned aside from uncertainty. I feel so lucky that I can undertake this --what for me truly is a--pilgrimage
into the unknown and beautiful world around us, that we get too busy to see and fully experience.

I start my first section -- Campo to Idyllwild --Mar 27. Everybody pray for luck and gentle weather so I can do
it all. I know I may not be able to if snow comes....

River