[pct-l] New tent

Jim Marco jdm27 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:18:54 CST 2013

Patrick,
	A good weight is right around two pounds for an enclosed solo tent. More money can buy one at about 1 pound, but this will cost LOT's of hard earned cash. A good tarp will go well under one pound, but adding a bivy will bump this up again for sleeping quarters. I get by with DEET and a slightly larger tarp, doing away with a bivy (these get hot in late June, July, into August.) The Eureka can get a bit claustrophobic and build up condensation on cooler mornings. Worse with the Chinook.
	My thoughts only . . .
		jdm