[pct-l] Hiking Pole Grips

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed Mar 6 18:15:11 CST 2013

Speaking of grips ... I learned the hard way to wash them off at least once a day in a creek, preferably late in the afternoon.  Somewhere near Dicks Pass in 2011 I woke up to find my wrist straps gone and the grips chewed up.  A salt-craving critter or two had feasted during the night; one grip was ab out a foot from my head, holding up the Lunar Solo tent.  That's when I realized that I was a sound sleeper.

Two days later I lost one pole in Miller Creek, when I went for an unplanned swim and had to let go of the pole to grab a passing branch.  Now I'm smarter than I was.

Mango