[pct-l] Hiking Sticks

Greg Hummel bighummel at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 12:13:19 CST 2013

When I converted to trekking poles, I first bought used ski poles and quickly wore them out. Then I bought a pair form sportsmansguide.com and they were great, tough and cheap! The perfect combination, or nearly so for hiking gear. The cheaper brands of trekking poles aren't as light (I don't mind a bit more weight in my hands to help work my pathetic upper body), don't last as long and don't come with the fancy cam locks, but you can buy 3 pairs for the cost of some of the top models.  I'm still a cheap gear backpacker!

Happy trails,

Greg Hummel

My favorite transportation is my legs!