[pct-l] mental health event for kick-off

Ken Murray kmurray at dr.com
Mon Mar 4 00:44:03 CST 2013

Friends,
I recently had a discussion with a last-year through hiker, in which she related the tremendous problems she had with adjustment when she returned to civilization. I realized that I've heard this story before, and it is common. I also know that issues with the mind are often the most common reasons for people to drop off the hike.
It occurred to me that a panel presentation on keeping one's head straight during, and after, the hike might be of value to the community. I ran it by Scott, who thought it would be worth a shot.
So, in this first pass, I'm looking for any mental health professionals (any level), who plans to be at the kick-off, and might be willing to serve on such a panel. I'll moderate, and do the heavy lifting in terms of organizing. I'll be asking for hikers down the road, but this first request is just for mental health professionals.
kmurrayatdrdotcom