[pct-l] Wise dehydrated food and other bulk disaster foods

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Mar 4 19:15:55 CST 2013

You might consider making some of your own food. I've had pretty good
success finding large boneless, skinless chicken breasts at a local
meat market (with real butchers). I bake them in the oven, chop them
up and put them in my crappy dehydrator. Makes for some good protein
you can add to various cheaper meals.

You might consider just beefing up your calories in various meals
with added olive oil. Even cheap crappy food (Idahoans, Knorr sides,
etc) can be improved with olive oil.

For cheap calories you really can't go too wrong with king-sized
Snicker bars or other similar candy bars. Or Paydays (don't melt). I
once found King-sized Snickers 10 for $1 at K-mart. For some reason I
never got tired of candy, especially candy with nuts and chocolate. I
often got tired of anything with protein powder. Never got tired of
cheese.

I've ordered things from http://www.wildernessdining.com/ before. I
have no idea if they are the cheapest but they did have a bulk order
discount.