[pct-l] Sierra Snow Report...Good News & Bad News

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Mar 2 16:26:45 CST 2013

Hi gang,
Trouble is back in town.
Just got back from another extended skiing expedition in the Sierra.
That, of course is good news for the girls but bad news for the guys.
The bad news,.... I will be in town for a limited time only.
That is good news for the guys but bad news for the girls.

I have been prowling around in the Sierra since 1968 or 1969, hiking in
the summer
and skiing in the winter, and don't really recall having seen the Sierra
with less snow
for this time of the year.
The Sierra snow cap is only about 65% of normal for this time of the year.
I know, it's to early to tell and we could have a monster snow March
that could change
everything, but it's getting late in the snow season and my gut feeling
is that this is going
to be a low snow year for the Sierra.
That, of course, is bad news for ski bums like me, but good news for
"Hiker Trash" like you.

Well, got to go now, seems like the girls got the word that trouble is
back in town and my
phone is ringing of the hook.

JMT Reinhold
Your good news-bad news trail companion