[pct-l] Filtering water

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sat Mar 2 19:46:10 CST 2013

Would your cook pot work? I had a little sour cream container that I
used as a cereal bowl and it would be useful for getting water out of
shallow sources. In So Cal my first time around I had a filter. But
after hiking So Cal once, I realized that most (not all, but most)
water sources are actually very good. They are just far apart. The
ones that are cattle troughs have an input, so find the input and get
your water from the source, not the trough. And at Rodriguez spur,
skip the tank and walk a quarter to a half mile down the road and
there's a nice fresh spring with hummingbirds and everything.