[pct-l] Jobs after the Trail

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 2 05:22:35 CST 2013

My 2 cents worth.
While interviewing, you want to be

Confident
Honest
Regarding confidence, if you have survived life on the PCT, you have proven to yourself you can do anything you set your mind to do, can plan well, can adapt well to changes, and are goal driven. These are job skills that are proven by doing, not by sitting in a classroom.

Regarding honesty, be up-front, blunt, and honest. For me, it was simple to explain the gap in my employment history. "I took time off to pursue a dream, to see America up close, to be more than just a professional spectator."

Ernie Castillo
PCT Class of 1980