[pct-l] Quilt vs individual sleeping bags

Carl Siechert carlito at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:34:01 CDT 2013

We (my wife and I) highly recommend the Penguin
groundsheet<http://featheredfriends.com/penguin-groundsheet.html> from
Feathered Friends paired with a Penguin bag. It's a fairly light (14 oz.)
sleeve that holds two sleeping pads (we've used Z-Rest and RidgeRest, but
it'll work with others too) and zips to a single bag. Get a bag with a
detachable hood and an extra hood; you can zip the two hoods to the
groundsheet. You get most of the weight- and space-saving benefits of a
quilt--and no drafts. And it has a nice, cozy flannel top to lay on.