[pct-l] Getting from Lone Pine to Oregon

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Jun 19 12:01:26 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:32 PM, Justin Byington
<gnarlypcthike at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll be finishing the JMT in Lone Pine in July on a weekday.  Taking buses
> and trains it shows it would take almost 3 days to get to Eugene, OR.

the hard part is getting to a big city from Lone Pine

I suggest CREST from Lone Pine to Reno, then work it out from there.
http://estransit.com/pages/bus-routes/crest--lone-pine-reno.php

I've also found that flights are often cheaper than buses/trains. For
example a one way ticket on Soutwest RNO-PDX is as low as $112,
Greyhound is $71.

Good Luck.