[pct-l] Hello

Diane Soini dianesoini at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 19:06:14 CDT 2013

Even if you think you know what to expect something will change. A
fire will change how part of the trail looks or even close or re-
route the trail on a totally different detour. An established trail
angel will quit or limit how many people can stay there so you may
never experience that angel's hospitality even though you've heard a
million stories of it. A new trail angel might pop up somewhere. You
might get less snow, more snow, less rain, more rain, you might
freeze in the deserts and get lots of snow/rain/ice storms or broil
in never ending heat waves. You might get a spectacular wildflower
year. You'll for sure meet different people hiking the trail. There
will be new apps and gadgets you may or may not use. Some gear maker
could come out with something that changes everything. Something
about your year will be different from all the others. But I totally
understand what you are aiming for. If nothing else, the way
everything smells and sounds will be different from what you expect
and nobody can ever quite capture what it really looks like out there
or what's going to go through your head during all those long boring
hours in between the highlights.