[pct-l] Northern half of Washington

Rob Flynn rob.flynn at live.com
Mon Jun 17 15:50:03 CDT 2013

Overall, the northern half of Washington is more beautiful than the
southern, but Knife's Edge at Goat Rocks might be the single most impressive
spot on the PCT; it was for me last year on my thru-hike.  I would still
probably recommend the northern half, overall, though.  The Sierras and the
North Cascades are the most beautiful areas on the trail, IMO.

Your tent should be fine.  Last year we had almost no precipitation through
July, August, and September.  The rain started up around October 10 or so.
But some years it's the opposite.  So far this year seems to be like last
year, but who can say what it will be like two months from now?

You won't need a bear canister.  Highly doubt you will have to worry about
snow and ice in late August, especially this year.  Not sure about permits,
just had my thru-hiker's permit last year.

Enjoy your hike!

Inspector Gadget