[pct-l] Asolo sunset shoes

Mark Hyams markhyams at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 15 17:30:12 CDT 2013

I don't have experience with those specific shoes, but after looking at
them online, the seem to be marketed as "trail shoes" which is pretty much
spot on, since the JMT is, after all, a trail.  Your base weight seems low
enough to warrant this footwear also.  The main concern should be fit.  If
they don't fit, and you need to fiddle around with insoles and such,
perhaps a different shoe is called for.

I'm assuming that you have experience backpacking with these types of shoes
in combination with your stated pack weight.  If not, try it out.

Mark